Can I sprinkle baking soda on carpet? How do I remove stains and odours from my carpet? Joe Walker’s Flooring has the top tips for stain and smell removal for your carpet. Whether you have spilled some wine, the kids have went wild with pens, or you have rust in your carpet, Joe Walker’s Flooring has the top tips to ensure that you can remove stains from your carpet.
General Stain Removal Tips
When it comes to removing stains from carpets, there are countless methods and tricks, but whatever you do to remove the stain from your carpet, you should always remember these top tips:
- Try not to overwet the carpet through to the backing materials.
- Always test any cleaning products on an inconspicuous area of carpet to ensure it does not damage your flooring.
- Use any cleaning products with the recommended diluted ratios to ensure that you do not cause further damage the carpet.
- Never scrub or rub – always blot.
- Clear away any excess cleaning product.
- Do not apply the cleaning product directly to the carpet, instead use a cloth or sponge.
- Deal with stains as quickly as possible.
Can I Sprinkle Baking Soda On Carpet?
Yes. Baking soda can be used for a number of household solutions, and when it comes to carpets, baking soda can be a great cleaning tool. Once you have cleaned any spills and stains from your carpet, baking soda can deodorise the carpet, leaving it fresh and good as new! So, you may be wondering “when can I sprinkle baking soda on carpet?”, good question! Once you have cleared any spills on your carpet, allow it to dry before vacuuming away any remaining residue. Now it is time for the baking soda. Simply sprinkle the baking soda onto the carpet, allowing it to sit for a few hours to ensure that the odour can be soaked up rather than masked. After a few hours, you can vacuum away the baking soda, leaving your carpet fresh and smell-free!
Update Your Carpets Today
Unable to remove that bad odour from your carpet? Old carpet stains making your room feel dirty? Transform your home with a new carpet from Joe Walker’s Flooring today. With the best carpets Glasgow has on offer, you can be sure that we have the carpet solution for you.