Wondering how to clean a Karndean floor? If you’re planning a Spring clean or have recently had the flooring installed, you will be wondering how to best take care of it! Joe Walker’s Flooring can guide you through the steps involved in cleaning your Karndean flooring.
How to Clean a Karndean Floor – Advice from Joe Walker’s FlooringFollow our guidance if you’re planning a Spring clean!
As we mentioned in our last post, Karndean flooring is the perfect option if you are looking for a flooring option that requires cleaning minimal effort. Because it’s engineered to be so long wearing and durable, you don’t need to deep clean it every week! Regular maintenance and care is all that’s needed.
After your installation is carried out, don’t wash your Karndean flooring for 24 hours!
- Sweep or mop to remove dust and debris on the surface of your floor.
- Use a damp mop and a gentle, natural detergent. Harsh stains can be removed using an appropriate flooring cleaner and a non-abrasive scourer!
- Be sure not to use products on your Karndean flooring that contain bleach and other harsh chemicals. As these chemicals could make your flooring unsafe or even damage it.
- Invest in some quality cleaning products to keep your flooring looking it’s best for the longest amount of time.
Hints and Tips
- As soon as you spot someone spill something on your Karndean flooring, mop it up! This reduces the risk of staining.
- Using doorway mats are a great way to protect your floor from moisture and grit – please do make sure these mats aren’t backed with rubber to prevent any discolouration.
- As previously mentioned, regularly sweep your Karndean floor.
- Avoid bleach based detergents at all costs!
If you’re planning a spring clean this season, make sure you go about treating your flooring in the best way! A carpets Glasgow based expert from Joe Walker’s Flooring will be more than happy to help your browse our range of Karndean flooring products at our showroom in Clydebank.