Wondering how to get rid of burn marks in carpet? Whether you accidentally left your straighteners on the floor, or dropped a match or cigarette, we have the tips to get burn marks out your carpet. Whatever may have caused a burn on your carpet, you can be sure that Joe Walker’s Flooring has the solution for you. With the best flooring knowledge and carpets Glasgow has on offer, we can help you with all your flooring needs.
Have a look our previous blog post for tips on removing chewing gum from your carpet.
How to Get Rid of Burn Marks in Carpet
How to get rid of burn marks in carpet can vary from burn to burn, depending on size and type of burn, so it is important to assess the burn, selecting the most appropriate solution for the particular burn. If you are unsure, ask for help or advice to ensure that you do not further damage your carpet.
- Using scissors, very carefully cut away the burnt area of your carpet. Be careful to only cut away the burnt area, leaving the unaffected fibres underneath.
- Use a carpet cleaning solution to clear any remaining marks from the carpet, if the mark remains, move onto step three.
- Cut some carpet fibers near a wall, inside a cupboard or from a cut off (where it won’t be noticeable).
- Use a strong glue to stick the fibers onto the carpet to conceal the burn spot.
Removing Cigarette Burns
While cigarette burn marks can be small in size, you can often be left wondering how to get rid of burn marks in carpet to ensure that your carpet looks as good as possible. Fortunately, we have some simple steps to help you remove the marks from your carpet.
- Using sand paper, gently sand away the burn marks from your carpet.
- Using a vacuum, clear up any residue.
- If there are still some black or scorched carpet fibers, use scissors to cut them out.
- If visible scorch marks that remain, use a solution that contains 1 part hydrogen peroxide, 10 parts water.
- Soak a cloth in the solution and blot the area. Be sure to start on the outside and move into the middle.
- Rinse the area of the carpet with water and blot dry.
- Let it dry completely.
When a burn is too large, or a carpet has suffered several burns, it can look worn and damaged. Fortunately, Joe Walker’s Flooring can help find the perfect new carpet solution for you, so there is no need to worry about how to get rid of burn marks in carpet. We can advise you of the most appropriate materials as well as more flame retardant fibres to ensure that we find the best solution for you and your home.
Update the carpets in your home today with Joe Walker’s Flooring.