Trying to decide between vinyl flooring vs laminate flooring? The most popular flooring options for your living areas, laminate and vinyl have many benefits. Joe Walker’s carpets Glasgow based team can help you decide on what flooring materials are most suitable for your household and lifestyle.
We are proud to offer the highest standard of flooring brands. And, from our Clydebank showroom, our dedicated team can help you find your ideal flooring, carry out a free measure appointment and choose the perfect time for chosen flooring to be installed.
Vinyl Flooring vs Laminate Flooring – Advice from Joe Walker’s Flooring
Both laminate and vinyl are endorsed as long-lasting, affordable and stylish options for flooring types. So, we understand how it could be difficult to chose between the two when looking to update your living room! Take this advice from seasoned flooring professionals.Trust our team to help you find the best floor for your home.
- Very durable
- Has to be cleaned using wet mops and mild (non-abrasive) cleaners
- Wax cannot be used to restore shine
- Joe Walker’s Flooring have a variety of different styles and colours of vinyl to browse.
- Very durable however is prone to scratching over time.
- It’s not waterproof
- Should be cleaned with laminate specific products, not a wet mop. Acetone can be used if a stain is difficult to remove.
- Shine can be rejuvenated using material-specific products. Also, if required chips and scratches can be repaired.
- Laminate is pet-friendly
- Similarly to vinyl, laminate is available in a range of different styles and colours, so is very versatile and can suit any living space.
- Though laminate can fade with time it’s less prone to fading than vinyl.
As mentioned in our last post, the Joe Walker’s Flooring team are experts when it comes to all aspects of flooring.